Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TWIST OUT MADNESS!!!

Hello Everyone!! Thank you for reading my blog! Today I will be doing a review on my twist out. So if you have been following my blog you know that currently I have installed havana twists using the chrochet braid method. I have received numerous requests to do an actual video tutorial with more detail. That will be coming soon be sure to check my other page Best Hair Tutorials periodically as I try to add new tutorials often. Anywho... on to the fun stuff.


So this is my last week with the Havana Twists :( so I decided to untwist and rock a twist out! Here's a step  by step with photos instruction on how I achieved this look:




Okay! So I started by dividing the hair in 4 sections. With the first section you want to begin cutting the ends.... Cut only the portion that is curled with rods. I did this because the ends were meshed together and I figured it would be impossible to seperate. Don't worry how the ends will turn out because the hair is still curled and I had experienced no blunt looking ends.


One you cut the hair in the section grab one twist and begin untwisting using your index and thumb.You want to start from the root to the end going up and down while twisting. I noticed if I twisted one portion more than the other it created a knot which took forever to take out. You should be twisting opposite the way you twisted. So I twisted right over left therefore I untwisted to the left. As you untwist it should begin looking looser like this.... 



As it becomes completely untwisted it will look like this...





At this point you want to take you thumb and go gently seperate the two pieces from eachother. It should only take 1-2 strokes if the hair is completly untwisted.


Here is where the magic happens... release the hair and watch the curl form!! Isn't it beautiful? Repeat to every twist until your finished.....

Now when I finished my hair was HUGE!!! I love big hair but this was borderline runway big... so I did some modifications...

1. I sprayed my entire hair with my water and oil mix than applied a small amount of conditioner with focus on the ends of the hair.

2. I took out a row on each side of my hair.. YES I took out an entire row which made a dramatic difference and to me it looked more realistic. Plus when I uninstall the hair this weekend I'm already ahead!!

3. Apply a small amount of gel to the edges. Some like the edges as is but I prefer mines to be slicked down. Once I did that I threw on a scarf for about 10 minutes.


Finished Look:


What do you think??? Please add comments, questions or requests below. I'm not sure what style will be next but I can tell you I will be doing a growth check that I plan on posting! Stay Natural my friends until next time!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment