Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I was talking with a co-worker about hair care, protective styles, etc.. and we ended up on castor oil. Now my only experience with castor oil is when I was little and my mother used to make me take a tablespoon of it along with cod liver oil so we wouldn't catch colds... So to say the least it's been a long time and I didn't know castor oil could work wonders for your hair. I decided to do some further research and found out these cool facts:

1. Heals Follicles that may have been damanged due to to much stress from tight braids, weaves, etc.

2. Conditions hair and leaves it shiny... so as you cut away the damanged hair the split ends will appear less often :)

3. The Omega Fatty acids help keep your scalp moisturized and promotes growth
These are just a few of the benefits of using castor oil! You can use castor oil in you moisturizer mix, conditioner, shampoo or all 3!! I also read about a castor oil challenge that Hairlista began. This is basically how the challenge works:


Challenge Levels:
Basic: Apply Castor Oil to a clean scalp 1-2 times per week.
Advance: Apply Castor Oil to a clean scalp 2-3 times per week.
Ultimate: Apply Castor Oil to your scalp 5-7 times per week. You must deep condition with a 1-2 tsp of your Castor Oil mixed in your deep conditioner and/or use it to seal your ends.
Rules:
1. Your Castor Oil MUST be 100% Castor Oil. Grease cannot be used as a substitute on the scalp. However, it can be used to seal i.e. Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil.
2. If you are doing the Basic or Advance level, the Castor Oil must be applied to a clean scalp to allow better penetration so that your scalp can absorb all the nutrients from the oil.
3. One must report any changes, improvements, success in your hair/new growth. This will inspire others!
4. Please upload a photo of your hair progress after the Challenge is complete (there will be a particular thread created for this).
5. NO OTHER GROWTH AIDS can be used while in this challenge...
Now me being different I figured I could still try the challenge but do it my way. I decided I would apply Castor oil directly to my scalp 5 times a week but also continue to use my water based moisturizer. My hair has done a complete 360 since I began using it and I don't want to stop now. I will be starting my challenge this friday (I'll be installing another set of havana twists) and I'll also do a length check!! I'm so excited how my hair has progressed with this protective style and how it will flurish with this castor oil challenge!! Feel free to post photos, comments, questions, encouraging words or whatever you like!! Also subscribe to my blog with your email address and whenever I post it will come directly to you!!

Thanks again for reading my blog I look forward to reading about your hair experience soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment