Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Havana Twists Review

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reading my blog! Today I am doing a review on the Havana twists I installed on Friday (6/28/13). So far I LOVE THEM! I have received several compliments on them (everyone loves a compliment right)! I plan to leave these in for 6 weeks and I can't wait to see the definition in the hair when I untwist and rock a twist out. Below I included a few pictures that will help me better review this style. So let's begin the review

First things first...SUPPLIES.

1.  5-6 packs of Marley Braiding hair. I purchased only 5 but ended going to buy a 6th pack and used only 1/4 of it. So make sure you have more than enough!

2. Water based moisturizer-- Everyone has different methods to keep their hair moisturized during a lengthy protective style. I use 1/2 water, 1/4 Argan oil and 1/4 extra virgin olive oil and just a squirt of leave in conditioner. I begin using this when I got my micro braids (after I did my big chop) and it was wonderful. My hair was never itchy, it felt very hydrated, I didn’t experience a lot of product build-up and best of all the Argan oil smells heavenly!! I will be using this with every protective style.

3. crochet needle. Get one that allows you to close the hair within the needle. It helps pull all the hair under the braid easier!

4.Perm Robs. I used these with boiling water to curl the ends of my hair. I have seen some women that leave their ends as is. However, I think the curly ends give the style a more finished look.





In the next step I cut the hair in half. I did this because I wanted my twists shoulder length. I used the method that is listed under the tab: best hair tutorials ever called "Havana Marley Twists Crochet Braids Tutorial".  *Look on the left-hand side of this post* The only thing I did differently is use a paddle/wig brush instead of a comb to separate the hair before applying.


After I installed the hair I took a few pics of the finished look. It took about 7hrs total.


What do you think? Will you be trying this style or something similar?? Please leave comments below I love feedback!!

No comments:

Post a Comment